The best thing to do when you don’t feel like writing is to—write anyway. I know; it’s hard. It takes focus and quiet. It takes ideas. But honestly, if you’re going to call yourself a writer, you have to write. That’s what writers do.
But for fun, what can you do when you’re not in the mood to write? Here are some suggestions that are writing related.
- Interview one of your characters
- Read writing magazines or a new writing book
- Organize your writing space or laptop bag
- Read through articles you’ve saved
- Start an idea file
- File all the loose papers laying around on your desk
- Research a setting for a work in progress
- Look for writing blogs to follow or comment on
- Read a book for fun
- Plot out a new story or article
- Look through baby books for character names
- Go to the library and check out books similar to what you write
- Search for agents or publishers